We all know about the importance of herbs, and no one can’t deny the value of them. Having a herb garden at home is always incredible. Here are few effective herb garden ideas for your home gardening. Herbs are since long time immemorial. These are used to serve different kinds of purposes; sometimes they are used for cooking and on the other time these are used for illness purposes, culinary, aromatic, pest control and companion plants.
Herbs are wonderful to grow when you have a little bit experience about home gardening. More interestingly it does not require enough area to grow; even a plot of four feet by six feet is enough to support a small family. You can plant herbs as hedge also. Herb plants are famous due to many other benefits like medicinal benefits along with beautiful flowers and fragrance. You can also use herbs to garnish your food as fresh or in dry form.
Beginners Have to Get Before Start
People who are already involved in gardening can quickly understand the nature of herb plants, but for beginners, it’s essential to get some initial information before the start. For this, you can enjoy internet surfing or get some ideas from the experienced people who are already doing the same job around your society.
Selection and Features of Location
Select the area how much you can comfortably manage. That must be featured by at least 6 hours of sunlight, well-drained soil, afternoon filtered light and easy access to water. A herb garden requires a small area, and it is always manageable for everyone. Also, you can consider a square herb bed is dividing into two paths of 3 feet. To give border stones and bricks is a beautiful option for you.
Plan for Garden
Before starting, you must prepare for herb plants like which type of herbs you want to plant, consider their types. Do you want them as annuals, biennials or perennials? It would be helpful and easily practicable for you if you draw your garden on paper first. While herb gardening space among the plants is critical, considered how much space will be occupied by the plants. You must plan for the separation of annuals, perennials, and biennials. So when the time comes for annuals, you would not be disturbed the others. Always choose shorter ones for the front and taller for a back. Plan for a proper position will provide enough space to grow.
Add Some Fresh Herbs for Your Kitchen
Mostly people like to grow fresh herb plants in their garden. It’s valuable to you when you provide fresh sweet basil leaves and garlic to your kitchen. Fresh basil leaves are in common for salads making and are also considered for tomato dishes and different sauces. Garlic is always the best choice to grow in a herb garden. Garlic is full of minerals and has many other medical properties. Garlic is very useful for those people who are facing any heart disease. More interesting thing is its everyday use in every kitchen, doesn’t matter
you want to cook a chicken dish or a vegetable. The best time to grow garlic is a tart of spring, and you have to select a sunny spot for it or a little shady can also be chosen.
Some Other Considerable Categories to Add
• Angelica is a biennial type to grow; light shades are required for it, and commonly used for drinks, jellies and in candies.
• Basil is considered as annual type require light sun and common uses are eggs, fish, sauces, salads and fragrance.
• Bay Laurel is also treated as annual and generally uses for seafood, soups, sauces etc.
• Chives have perennial category, need light sun and use for soups, cheese and salads etc.
• Dill is another item for annual needs light sun and uses for flavoring pickles, salads and herb bands.
• Fennel requires light sun to grow; its seeds are uses in tea, cheeses and some especial sausage and leave for fish and salads.
• You can also treat Marjoram as annual, light sun is required for it and commonly used in soups, eggs, vegetables and meat stuffing.
• Mint family is also considerable as it’s very easy to look after. Not much sunlight require for it. Mints are famous to use in Sauces, jellies, teas and for fragrance.
There is nothing more rewarding than to grow your own herbs when you go for herb garden. Home herb garden is really excellent drill for you when you pay a little attention on a daily basis for it. Once you established your own herb garden, you will get some experience also and in the next season you will be able to make the process your own. You can create your own home herb garden easily; just you have to provide effective drainage, fertile soil, enough sunlight and humidity to the plants.